Tuesday, February 3, 2009

We need to be heard

We need to be heard and that's not only us the daughter and son in law of Isol. When I say WE I mean all the victims a domestic violence . What we are aiming for is a law to be written in the name of Isol , and the only way that will happen is for us to be heard.
The nightmare and aftermath of this is heart breaking. Our community is in a rage, but that's not enough, we need YOUR community to also take action. The things that need to be addressed is $5,000 bail is that high enough for a repeat offender or is it just for a repeated offender to use he's credit card to post bail? Then there is this VINE system that is suppose to be offered to victim's in this case and so many in ulster county is not offered. However, the Daily Freeman posted an article on it on feb 1 2009.
Believe me if this was offered to Isol , she would have requested it! Why is this being brought to light now? In my eyes it's way too late to now bring to light this VINE system , why wasn't this "system" offered to us in the past? Yeah I smell cover up , no I feel that action needs to start not now , but RIGHT NOW!!!
So please contact us and help in making a change!

2 comments:

  1. I phoned local police departments today and none of them even knew what the VINE service was. This was unbelievable considering that there was just a domestic violence related murder in this county. We need to retrain our police officers on how to give out information like this to victims. How are victims supposed to know that this service exists if they don't even know what it is?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Read my post "My legislation wishlist", it has to do with your mother's case and legislation I am trying to get passed by the Assembly.

    ReplyDelete